Join the Ravenna Gardens Team!
Ravenna Gardens, located in the University Village, has been procuring quality plants to delight customers for over 20 years. Join our friendly and people-oriented team.
Specific job openings will be posted below. In the absence of a specific opening, we are always happy to receive your resume and keep it on file for the next employment opportunity.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE Posted 10/26/22
Ravenna Gardens is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to join our team as a Customer Service Associate. Are you outgoing, plant knowledgeable & flexible? If you love to work with people & plants, we may just have what you’re looking for.
• Possess the ability and willingness to discuss plants & help customers find the perfect plants & containers for their space; Connect and listen to customers to serve their needs; Maintain a working knowledge of inventory (plants, pots, home goods); Easily work with several customers skillfully at once.
• Know the Latin and common names of the plants we carry; Know the basics of plant physiology.
• Retail nursery experience helpful. Understand and have experience with plants’ cultural requirements including watering, common pests/diseases & general plant care.
- Must be able to work evenings and one weekend day
• Sales: Work with customers always offering exceptional customer service to all folks.
• Plant Health: Minimize losses by appropriately taking care of our plant material. Watering, grooming and general maintenance. Attention to detail.
• Follow Direction: Work closely with other team members and store managers to ensure a successful experience for our guests. Possess the ability to work autonomously, once given direction.
• Knowledge of Store Operations: The ability to learn & work with our point-of-sale system, as well as learning and completing daily tasks while always following store policy.
• Ability to focus on repetitive tasks such as pricing, watering, & moving flats of plants; Have the strength to lift 50lbs with minimal help.
30-40 hours per week
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!